“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.”
1 John 5:14
Yesterday, Paul Runes came by and we chatted for about an hour. I needed this time with a strong Christian influence as, I shared yesterday, have been frustrated of late. Such things (frustrations) come with life experiences and God uses them to draw us closer to Himself - which He is doing with me. Of all of the things we shared with each other, we both know that we must come together as a church family and pray.
Before I get too long winded with this, let me seek your forgiveness. I have allowed this shifting mess to consume me. This is not indicating that I am to be uninvolved but that I have let it become the main focus of my ministry at EBCI. In doing such, it takes away from those things which are very clear in scripture I am to make the priority, as your pastor prayer and study (Acts 3:4) so that I can equip the saints for the work of the ministry for building up the body of Christ (Eph. 4:12). Please accept my apology and pray that I do not allow the minor things to become the major things.
Back to the focus on the 7 Days of Prayer... I am asking that you make the commitment to join us for at least one of the nights of prayer. We will meet at the villa. We will spend the bulk of our time praying. This is your church and your church family. We need you in this endeavor. Send me an email if you have any questions.
Unless something changes, we have 31 days until the lease expires at the villa. Because we do not have something concrete to go on, we must be proactive in our responsibility in turning the villa backover to the landlord.
There are a number of things that must be done and done quickly. We are trying to work through this and set ourselves to relinquish the villa in such a way, that if at the last minute things do change, we can as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Here are the things we need to be done first and other info concerning this subject.
- Decide on what to keep and store
- Decide on what needs to be sold or thrown away
- Find out what our responsibility in returning the villa to what condition and scheduling that
- A date has been set to have all this done by... July 7
- We hope to have a sale on all items on the 7th for things salable
- Get the committees who have things here to go through those things and help us decide
- Get the teachers who have things in cabinets here to go through things and decide what to do with
- If the decision of your ministry and or personal things in the building gets left to others to deal with in this process please understand we will decide what is kept and what is thrown away
- There are 22 years of stuff here, so there is a lot to go through.
I thank all of you in advance for the help you are going to give during this time.